Monday, February 05, 2007

Beginnings

"and now that I've asked too many questions and you're deciding we can't be friends, will you give me the recipe for your dessert before you vanish?"
"you're probably one of those girls who keeps a sword under the bed..." Blink. "two, actually."
"Its a long story"..."do you know any short stories?"

Thinking this morning of friendships, and beginnings, and... feeling very glad that my treasures are the self-maintaining kind.

"what made you think we would enjoy each other?"

And recognizing that the thing most of them have in common is me. Hmmm..., no, that one isn't a good topic for casual thoughts... Reminds me of the tale of the demon, presented with the endless knot, who is enspelled because his geas is to unbind all ties... One could spend an eternity looking for a loose end--or accept that all things are connected and that context lends perspective...