Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Life is Good!

Remember when you were very small, and felt secure, and loved, and so happy everything made you laugh? I can remember getting fits of the giggles. My mother would chase me, and catch me, and tickle me while I wiggled madly trying to escape, and I'd giggle myself breathless. I'd laugh so much that every time she looked at me I'd start again, even when she wsn't tickling me. Time goes by, and we all get older, and forget the simple, uncomplicated joys--or that's what I thought until very recently. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to just laugh till I was breathless, and then start laughing all over again as soon as I caught my breath. There's joy in sharing love and laughter, and that feeling of being so happy the air round me glows. This time I want to remember...