Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Many-Splendored Gift...

When I set off on my adventure yesterday, my room was trashed.
Every available level surface, and some that weren't, was given over to boxes, and piles, and every sort of memorabilia. The bed was buried. Any untoward movement would risk a paperslide of epic proportions. I'd been "sorting".
As it was my birthday, I'd determined to take a break and give myself some flowers. So...door closed on the chaos, I took a deep breath and set out on my adventure... It was a wonderful adventure, which I'll write more about when I get the pictures back.
When I returned, satiated with sights, and sounds, and scents, grinning happily at my memories and ruefully anticipating the chaos which awaited me, I was totally unprepared for what I did find. There was a lovely tangerine envelope taped to my bedroom door. Its a beautiful color, and I gave an appreciative thought to my housemate, who enjoys colors as much as I do.
I opened the bedroom door...and was greeted by a riot of colored balloons....EVERYWHERE!!! Some of them were hanging in mid-air, others had descended and were festooning the drifts of papers, memorabilia, and other wreckage. Jewel-toned balloons, balloons in primary colors, big balloons, little balloons...!!!!!
I stood in the doorway and goggled for a moment. Wow, my very own garden, amidst my very own chaos.
My housemate is a jewel.
I'll keep the balloons, just as they are, and smile whenever I see them, while I continue sorting...