Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The upside to Corporate Policy...

I'll skip the "work sucks" part of the rant--it would only be true for one of my jobs. The other? I had a concrete demonstration of my determination to keep that one the day I had to get a Dr's note to call off. The Virus from Hell has been making the rounds here in good'ol central PA. Its JUST a virus, and a really effective way to lose 10 lbs in a hurry. The only thing to do is rest between bouts of nausea. The idea of bugging the nursing staff only to have them tell me "its a virus" was excessive. But I did, because Corporate Policy required a Dr's note. Driving to the clinic was eventful. Driving while yakking I can't recommend, but I did feel ridiculously pleased with myself for not having a wreck, and not trashing my car. I reached the clinic safely, saw the staff, and heard "its a virus, you need to rest." !!???!!! "However we can do something about the yakking. How long has that been going on, and how recently?" Cut to the finish; I met some very compassionate people, got help for something that was beginning to scare me, and found out, when I returned to work two days later(yeh, the Dr thought I looked awful and wasn't done yet), that I'd been missed. As much as I've railed against it recently, some aspects of Corporate Policy make sense.